Thursday, September 29, 2005

while listening to survivor far too loud

i have been doing a lot of thinking lately. i get in those moods every now and then. and i was reflecting on past relationships and i realized, some of them, some of my former boyfriends, i barely knew. there was one i didn't know well enough to buy him a suitable holiday gift. it made me wonder just what causes us to do things like that. he was the only one like that i didn't know well, but i was with him for more than a few weeks. which leads me to reflect even moreso, and think what did we ever do together? hung out, watched movies (he got me into some very cool art films) and stuff like that.
what is it about someone, romantically, or personally (non romantic to put it in an easier way) that draws us to get to know them? how do we just end up feeling like we've known them foreve, and others that we're never quite sure if we do or how well?
i have certain friends who i have met online (you know who i'm talking about) but it feels like i've known them forever. i've actually kown them longer than i have my husband. and when we finally did get to meet in person (this all sounds so cliche and very bad lifetime movie-ish) we stood there and cried and hugged each other. nothing had changed.
i have other friends who i haven't seen in years but we're still good friends and can pick up right where we left off last time we talked or spoke or whatever.

any ideas or opinions from the peanut gallery?

currently plahing in the background is survivor guatamala. my parents are watching it. and i can hear it clearly all the way down the hall. i am here waiting for some of our friends to arrive and the soon to follow giant lovefest to commence.

just had a chocolate milk that wasn't hershey's, or leigh valley, and i was badly disappointed. how can someone screw up chocolate that badly....it should be made into a crime.

2 Comments:

Blogger HailerStar said...

How can they screw up chocolate milk? That's just sad! Glad to hear you're getting together with the Mannings, I met them once at Cara's wedding reception--the Campbell family knew them from Delaware--and they seemed like great people! I remember hanging out with Burke a little bit when he came to visit Rachel and Jason (also of the Campbell clan) He seemed like a fun guy.
If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say it's interests that draw you too people and light that keeps you with them. Example: one of your ex's got you into cool artistic films. That'd be interest...However you didn't have any other deep commonalities--or so it sounds from the post--and you probably were at different levels of what I'd term as 'light' I view light as part of spirituality. Not being on the same...spiritual growth plain makes it hard to maintain a relationship. But that's my two cents. I tried that one with Justin. We both liked swords, anime...wow...now I think about it...that's about the extent of our commonalities (other than I was afraid of a few things and he wanted to protect me from things that were harmful--like the stalker who broke into the dorms at SVU) But the more we got to know one another the more I realized our levels of spirituality/light/what was truly most important to us...our goals and such...were drastically different.
So that's my stab in the dark. (It's four a.m. so if it all sounds weird and jumbled then that's why) I miss you Kit! I wish we could hang out in 'Real Time' If you moved to Utah we'd at least have more of a shot at hanging out than we do now!
*Huggles*
Stay Sane! Til Next Time!
H.
PS. Who put that comment about 'make money fast' on your blog? Do you know 'TS'?
Is it possible to 'Spam' a blog?

3:57 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

apparently it is possible to spam a blog as evidenced by the make money now post. dont know ts. if the posting says deleted, its because i deleted a spam.
i miss you too.
will write more later.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home