Thursday, September 29, 2005

September 29th

Yesterday my friend and I had tea. Had brunch actually. Complete with scones, shortbread and tea. and like she said, there's just something very civilized about it. we visited for over two hours. just catching up, talking about britain (she was born and raised in england), families, life, all of that.
tomorrow the mannings, my family of little brothers and little sisters are coming up (actually it's tonight) for barret (the youngest)'s baptism.
the mannings came into my life at a time when i absolutely hated the world. completely and utterly didn't trust anyone (or very very few) outside my immediate family. and they just showed up and loved on me. and ever since then they've been all my little brothers and sisters.. and my unlce bill and aunt brenda. one of my brothers, burke is coming up. he's just home from his mission i'm guessing and i can't wait to see him. and then katie! my ophelia! i can't wait to see her either.. :) we are so having a giant love fest.
it has been a quiet week. papers getting graded. decisions about writing. i have decided i need to revise my novel and do some more work to it.. and then maybe i'll get t hrough the second book. it feels like the characters from the first book have more to say. maybe that's it. that and fighting writers block.... i shall write through it...
i finished my first cable. (I knit.) i have been working on a cable scarf and i finished it last night. it's rylans and it looks quite smashing on him. :)
for now that has to be it. i have class in a few minutes, and although they hold the show for the teacher, they only hold it so long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home