Wednesday, August 03, 2005

august 3, and its too hot

august third, wednesday and it's too hot. i have been one of those people who gets too cold and sick of winter, one of those people that wishes for a bit of warmth in January.. but I can tell you now, i'm already sick of it. I think i will have to think twice before i start to complain about the cold and start wishing for a heat wave. it's too hot for the dogs to play. it's too hot to do anything outside.. i will say it. i hate summer. humidity, and mugginess, and heat and grossness all round.. I'll take autumn or spring any day. there's a theory that the weather change, the more violent hurricanes and all are due to global warming. i stll wonder what people can do to change that, to make thigns better. i am really glad to see the hybrid cars. i think it's a great step in the right direction.. or at least to buy more fuel economic cars right now, especially with the price of fuel right now.

day three of scout camp. i survived my second night alone. my dog is wonderful. she sleeps in the bed with me, so i dont feel so lonely. but the thing is i still feel lonely. i at least know (or have delusions) that if something is wrong in the house, she'll wake up and let me know. she has in the past. she can tell when someone is at the house before i can. she knows when something isnt right. so generally, if she can sleep i can sleep.

well last night, there were sounds. yep, sounds. it's a big old house. and it's going to make sounds. you'd think that after living here for three years, i'd have gotten used to the sounds. but i haven't and i dont. last night, in the midst of saying my prayers, i heard the lock on the bedroom door slide. just a metallic click. but enough tos tir me from my reverance to stare at the door, and pray a little faster and more fervent - please don't let the boogeyman get me.. please dont let there be anyone or anything in the house...i locked all the doors.. it didn't help that ellie our dog couldn't sleep or get comfortable. every time she would start to settle down, suddenly she'd be up and alert and looking around. finally we slept. and when we woke, the house was intact, no boogeymen and the monsters all went away for the day. (at least the ones under the bed.)
i have spent the day writing. a very nice alternative to grading papers. i am trying to finish this story, at least a rough ugly draft of it today. maybe i can get it done entirely by the end of the week. maybe.
i am listening to the harry potter book the most recent one) on cd. borrowed it from my mum.

i find myself counting down the days till my love gets home. half way there...
thats all for now. perhaps i'll add more later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home