Monday, August 01, 2005

new days - august 1, 2005

so today is the first day with my very own little blog... someone once said i needed a website, and so here it is. years down the road, but voila! nothing grand to look at, but a start perhaps. i'll work the bugs out as i get more used to this thing.

today also begins a ritual i'm not always terribly fond of, i have to say. scout camp. i know it's important for my love to go and do the scoutmaster thing, and i know he has a good time. heck with a giant homemade catapult and a couple huge bags of water balloons, how could he not?!

but i just end up missing him. maybe i sound silly, clingy, needy whatever. i just end up missing him and wondering what i'm going to do with my time to fill it up. i wonder if anyone else ever has this problem...
today began reading week for my classes. so i dont have to get up any more (or at least for this week) at half past five in the morning. so that's nice. i can spend more time working on my writing, which is one of the reasons i started this. a website i frequent will be changing to blogs or a lot of it, so in order to have a venue for my work, i chose to do this, until random house comes knocking a thousand times over *chuckle.. yeah i know..* or at least until i land an agent....until then i may just have to use this as a gallery as well. (if you know of any agents looking specifically, let me know and i'll remember you in my speeches...)

so today is obviously a day of lots of different starts. reading week, a blog, and just all in all, a new day to do with what i see fit. so far i have felt to take a nap, and check my eail after coming home from work and struggling to stay awake while driving the hour commute home. i think i'll write some more and eat something eventually (something besides breakfast cereal bars - which are not as tasty as theyw ould make you think they are... and i am a little frightened to know what the center thing is. they say it is "made with real milk." yeah but so is any number of things. that doesn't mean it should be eaten frequently or a staple of the diet. - and frozen cupcakes..)

so welcome to my little corner of the world. drop a note if you fancy. cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger HailerStar said...

Just wanted to let you know I got your email. Read your blog. *Huggles* I miss you kitters. My blog's still at livejournal. www.livejournal.com/users/hailerro. So that's where to find my life updates. No job yet. A bit worried now am I.
Also, on the good news list, my friend Aimee's been collaborating on a book with her friend Travis for almost two or so years now. The book is done and I think it goes to print in September so I'm terribly proud of her...if a bit jealous. But perhaps this will also lend a hand for her and I getting "Beacon" published with Trav's publishing company if BeanLeaf Press does well.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home